How? Here it is…
1. Conceptualize an idea. Think about what you like your future website to be. What audience will you cater to? Everything you do must redound to their fulfillment. They will be visiting your website to get what they need. Be sure that their needs are met. That way they will be satisfied and will keep coming back for more. Not only that, they might recommend your site to their friends if they find it functional and useful.
2. Find a host. Having a host is not that expensive. In fact, you can get web hosting for just a few dollars per month. However, if you don’t want to spend a single penny, there are lots of sites that are offering web hosting for free. The only consideration is that their links or advertisements must be placed on your site. Would you mind having unpaid advertisers publishing ads on your website?
3. Start with your first page. Do the layout and design your first page. It will be easier and better if you have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS. Though there are hundreds of What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editors and drag and drop website builders. There are tutorials available online that can help. Take advantage of them and apply your knowledge to the website you are creating.
4. Edit your page. Observe the loading and navigation. Are they doing well? How about the web design, is it pleasing to the eyes? Are the fonts readable? Is the content helpful? Are there errors in spelling and grammar? Better check all these little details. They may be tiny details but they make up the whole website. Always proofread your content. If there is a need to redo the page do it. It will be disastrous if you are displaying total trash.
5. Create the rest of the pages. The goal is to attract visitors, keep them, and to gain more.
Edit, proofread, and edit more. It pays off to have everything in order. Never sacrifice the quality of your website. It is your frontline. It is the one capable of attracting visitors and grow your business.
6. Publish your pages. After you are done with the pages and editing, you are ready to publish them. Do not forget to update the pages regularly and conduct (SEO) search engine optimization. Your website must be updated in order not to lose your target market and search engine ranking. Otherwise, they will look for a better site that can satisfy their needs and lose your ranks in search engines. You don’t want that to happen, do you?